Friday, November 16

overheard in new york... one of my new obsessions.


You have to admit, us human beings love to listen to other people's conversations. Deny it if you must {I'm surely gonna do if I am asked}, but you just can't help but listen when you "accidentally" hear other people talking. Other people's business are actually interesting, especially if we just happen to overhear it in a restaurant, on a bus or the tube, or in the streets...

This is what overheard in new york is all about - overheard conversations which are waaay too funny not to be shared.

Here are some samples


Older woman: Excuse me, miss?
Younger woman: Yeah?
Older woman: Your veil, your burqa is very beautiful. I didn't know your people were allowed to wear it in bright colors.
Younger woman: It's not a burqa, it's a poncho. I'm Jewish. It's for the rain. I got it at TJ Maxx.

--53rd & 7th

Overheard by: Pam

Girl #1: I noticed his abs. Girl #2: I noticed his ripped shirt. Girl #3: Wait, so neither of you noticed his huge erection? --F train Overheard by: Michelle

Guy: Hey, I'm lookin' for a book.
Lady behind the counter: Um, okay. Did you have any particular one in mind?
Guy, laughing: No. Hell no. I don't fuckin' read. I'm just lookin' for something I can take over to Central Park so I can get hit on by chicks who think I'm smart and shit.
Lady behind counter: Try Nietzsche.

--Barnes & Noble, Broadway between 82nd & 83rd

Cashier: What will it be?
Customer: Large bucket, large fries, four Diet Cokes.
Cashier: Is this for here or to go?
Customer: Does it look like I can eat all that here?
Cashier: Chill, bitch... I don't know your life!

--KFC, Brooklyn

Mother: Don't you ever do that again! [slaps child hard]
Child, calmly: Well, are you happy with yourself?

--Union Square

Overheard by: Miranda

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm a professional eavsdropper. I enjoyed this post.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment mate. cheers. happy eavesdropping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too ;)

    Oh, by the way...

    I found your blog through the NaBloPoMo Randomiser and am tagging you for the 7 random things meme.

    1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
    2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
    3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
    4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete